Skip to content

Thinking of fostering?Call us on 0208 690 9012 8am-6pm weekdaysor email us at



Will My Police Record Prevent Me From Being A Foster Carer?

Not necessarily.  We ask that you are open, honest and transparent from the start of your application so that we are able to be open and honest with you.  All fostering applications are subject to a number of checks including DBS checks, references and local authority checks. There are a number of offences that would automatically exclude you from being considered as a foster carer and we can advise you of these.

Do I Need A Spare Bedroom?

You will be required to have a spare bedroom that is available for fostering as all fostered children aged 2 years and over require their own bedroom. In some instances siblings are able to share however, this decision will be made by their social worker. A fostered child cannot share a bedroom with your own children.

Do I Need To Be Married?

Anyone can apply to foster regardless of whether they are single, married, living together, and your race, religion or sexuality will not preclude your application.  We are looking for household’s who can support a child in need and accept applications from people from all faiths, backgrounds, gender and sexual orientation.

Can I Have Pets?

You can have pets but it will depend on the type and number. Under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 these dogs are prohibited; Pitball Terrier, Japaneese Tosa, Fila Braziliero, Dogo Argentino or any other dogs that present as aggressive. Some reptiles may also preclude your application.

Do I Need A Qualification?

No, once you are approved as a foster carer we will support you to achieve the Training Standards and Development required for all foster carers.

Will I Be Paid?

Yes you will be paid weekly into your designated bank account.  Our allowances are based on the needs of the children that you will be caring for. Should you be claiming benefits then you may still be entitled to some of these even when you are receiving the fostering allowance but you will need to seek guidance from the Department for Work and Pensions regarding this.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us and a member of our team will be pleased to assist you.